Monday, June 09, 2008

Salt Lake Valley's Pool Rules

The Salt Lake Valley Health Department has weighed in on the Crypto problem, and they have a slightly different take on the State's rule:

Any child under three years old, any child not toilet trained, and anyone who lacks control of defecation shall wear a water resistant swim diaper and waterproof swimwear. Swim diapers and waterproof swimwear shall have waist and leg openings fitted such that they are in contact with the waist or leg around the entire circumference.


I don't remember reading anything about "under three" in the Utah State rule, but if I operated a public pool in Salt Lake County (Heaven forbid), I wouldn't look any further. I'd post that, and hope to be done with it until Labor Day.

Besides the three year old restriction, doesn't "anyone who lacks control of defecation" sound better than "those who cannot control evacuative bodily functions"?

Er, on second thought, maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about you, but when I read the rules and regulations for pools by Utah health departments, I get far more concerned about the safety of our pools. Just seeing all these people who have been "who-knows-where" doing "who-knows-what" is enough to worry me. I don't believe any of these people are washing their hands often enough, or going to the bathroom often enough, or washing their rearends often enough.... but then again, prior to 2007 I would have said the same thing... and no one got crypto then.

    I guess I just don't understand why so many got sick last summer? Was it a fluke? Will it happen again?

    ReplyDelete