Thursday, October 04, 2007

Rudy Giuliani's Answer to the Perpetual Pet Problem

According to an article in the New York Times, Mayor Rudy Giuliani used to offer rather candid advice to his callers on his weekly radio show. When called about the problem of owners who refused to clean up after their dogs, the Mayor reportedly responded:

“I get angry about this all the time! When I was a private citizen I would go up to people and tell them they were slobs,” Mr. Giuliani recalled. “I would say: ‘Hey, you’re a real slob. And you’re disrespectful of the rights of other people. Clean up after your dog, damn it!’”

This is neither a political endorsement nor a criticism. I just thought you might find it interesting, and perhaps useful.

Perhaps a reader ought to present this question at the nest YouTube debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment